September 2021 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Sunset Sensation Necklace
Designed by Molly Schaller
Featuring Bead Gallery® beads
Available exclusively at www.halcraftcollection.com
4 dark blue swirl Indian glass lentils 15mm
6 light blue matte glass mix rounds
4 purple mix Indian glass ovals
4 purple mix Indian glass rounds
4 purple mix faceted glass hexagons 10mm
6 violet opaque Czech fire-polished glass faceted rounds 8mm
4 pink swirl mix Indian glass rounds
6 glass simulated cherry quartz rounds 10mm
6 amber coated glass rounds 8.5mm
4 pink mix Indian glass matte ovals
6 pink mix Indian matte glass rounds
70 11/0 Czech purple luster seed beads
1 copper wire tree of life pendant
28" flexible beading wire
2 crimp beads
1 8mm jump ring
1 lobster clasp
Time to create: 1 hour
1. Onto the beading wire, string a crimp bead, 6 seed beads, and a jump ring. Pass the wire back through the crimp bead and flatten.
2. String 1 seed bead between each of the following beads: 2 pink matte glass rounds, 1 pink matte glass oval, 1 pink matte glass round, 1 pink matte glass oval, 1 amber glass round, 1 simulated cherry quartz round, 1 amber glass round, 1 simulated cherry quartz round, 1 amber glass round, 1 simulated cherry quartz round, 1 pink swirl round, 1 violet opaque round, 1 pink swirl round, 1 violet opaque round, 1 purple faceted hexagon, 1 violet opaque round, 1 purple faceted hexagon, 1 purple matte round, 1 purple matte oval, 1 purple matte round, 1 purple matte oval, 1 light blue matte round, 1 dark blue swirl lentil, 1 light blue matte round, 1 dark blue swirl lentil, 1 light blue matte round, then 4 seed beads and the pendant.
3. Repeat step 2 in reverse to create a symmetrical necklace.
4. String 1 seed bead, 1 crimp bead, 6 seed beads, and the loop of a lobster clasp.
5. Pass back through the crimp bead and flatten the bead.
Molly Schaller is a design thinker, transmedia storyteller, user experience designer, and craft industry consultant who loves finding connections and creating dialog through craft. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well! Contact Molly about her Pretty Palette design challenge and more!Follow Molly on Instagram