March 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
4 large lavender freshwater pearls
4 6mm aqua mix glass rounds
6 6mm red opaque glass rounds
4 6mm pink fire-polished faceted Czech glass faceted rounds
4 8mm crystal dual coated over full dusky rose fire-polished faceted Czech glass faceted rounds
5 14x40mm blue dyed agate faceted tubes
1 10x28mm dyed crackle agate stone tube
10 8x18mm green Czech glass ovals
2 small lavender freshwater pearls
24” flexible beading wire
20 ball pins
2 crimp tubes
1 jump ring
1 lobster clasp
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Time: 1-2 hours
1. Slide 1 large pearl onto a ball pin.
2. Make a simple loop.
3. Repeat 3 more times with large pearls.
4. Slide 1 aqua round onto a ball pin.
5. Make a simple loop.
6. Repeat 3 more times with aqua rounds.
7. Slide 1 red round onto a ball pin.
8. Make a simple loop.
9. Repeat 3 more times with red rounds.
10. Slide 1 6mm pink glass faceted round onto a ball pin.
11. Make a simple loop.
12. Repeat 3 more times with 2mm pink faceted rounds.
13. Slide 1 8mm pink faceted round onto a ball pin.
14. Make a simple loop.
15. Repeat 3 more times with 8mm pink faceted rounds.
16. String 1 crimp tube onto the beading wire. Pass the beading wire through the loop of the lobster clasp and back through the crimp tube. Crimp the tube and trim excess wire.
17. String 1 small pearl, 6 green glass ovals, 1 6mm red round, and 1 faceted blue tube.
18. String 1 6mm aqua drop, 1 6mm pink glass drop, 1 large pearl drop, 1 8mm pink glass drop, and 1 6mm red glass drop, and 1 faceted blue tube. Repeat this step 3 more times.
19. String 1 6mm red round, 1 green oval, 1 dyed crackle agate tube, 3 green ovals, 1 small pearl, and 1 crimp tube.
20. Pass the beading wire through the jump ring and back through the crimp tube. Flatten the crimp tube and trim excess wire.
Click the images below to learn how to make the Softly Spring Earrings and the Softly Spring Bracelet for the March Pretty Palette challenge.
View this post on Instagram
Right now, when so much is out of our control, it feels good to focus on the little things. Sending love and hope from my bead table to yours. I hope you can find time to take a deep breath, find some small moments of calm, and make something beautiful. Here’s a little peek of one of my projects for this month’s #prettypalette project with @halcraftcollectionbeads . Shine on and stay safe. #beads #craftsheal #beadingismytherapy #czechglass #pearls #agate #faceted #beadgallery
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram