monthly Design Challenge
Get inspired with a Pretty Palette of Bead Gallery® beads from the Halcraft Collection
Welcome to Halcraft Collection's July Pretty Palette Challenge! It's a fun way to jumpstart your creativity, add some amazing beads to your collection, and share your projects with the rest of the beading community! This month's Pretty Palette is inspired by a cool assortment of sorbet in "berry" sweet colors.
Here's how to join the challenge:
1. Read about the Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your Pretty Palette beads at 30% off with quick and easy ordering by clicking the button above or the individual links to the beads to the right.
3. Bead while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat!
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity!
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (July 25th this month) in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #PrettyPalettes and follow us on Instagram! I will be posting my project here on the blog as well as in the group. Visit at the end of the month for free instructions if you want to make what I've made!
The image above shows the bead strands and "extras" I've chosen for this month's challenge. They're a mix of semiprecious stone (blue lace agate, sesame jasper, amazonite, rose quartz, coral, and gorgeous matte finish fluorite tubes), amazing Philippine wood rounds, a few pendants, and a turquoise and gold connector I'm in love with!
Have you ever heard of a "lucky" pig? I hadn't until I saw this cute little guy carved into the red howlite pendant. The Lucky Pig shows up in German folklore, and the phrase "Schwein gahabt" which means "got lucky there!" is literally translated as "got pig!" In the German tradition, pigs are associated with prosperity, and marzipan pigs are given as tokens of good luck. In the Chinese zodiac, the pig represents good luck and overall good fortune, including wealth, honesty, and general prosperity. The symbol is often associated with hard-working, peace-loving, truthful, and generous people, much like I imagine Wilbur in one of my favorite children's books, "Charlotte's Web." Either way, the pig on my pendant looks like he's having the time of his life, and I loved his exuberant expression.
Now's your chance to get the entire collection of July Pretty Palette beads and components for 30% off through the month of July! It's my treat to you to help keep your beading fun and inspiring, as well as affordable. Click the links to the right to add each bead to your cart.
I’ll see you back here and in our Facebook group on the last Wednesday of July for the big reveal!
In the meantime, you can keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send two of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!
Molly Schaller is a beading designer and craft industry consultant who loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!FOLLOW HALCRAFT COLLECTION ON INSTAGRAM