monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Get inspired with a cozy palette of Bead Gallery® beads from the Halcraft Collection
Welcome to the first Pretty Palette of 2019! Happy new year!
I don’t know about you, But I’m ready to put away December’s frosty blue beads and pull out some cozy colors!
January's Pretty Palette is sweet softness, as cozy as wearing your favorite pink cashmere sweater while snuggling a little grey bunny. (We once had an absolutely cuddly grey lop-eared rabbit named Jasper who would practically purr when picked up and snuggled.)
January’s Pretty Palette starts with a set of 4 strands of rose quartz beads in one of our ultra-popular multipacks, where you get 8” each of 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm rounds. For added sparkle, I’ve added a variety of Czech glass fire-polished rounds in grey and pinks, as well as labradorite nuggets for a deep grey with flashes of blues and pinks. Philippine wood rounds give us an earthy base, and the pink and white hand-blown glass beads are hollow to add lightweight pop of cotton candy stripes! Add to that even more sparkle with a few cubic zirconia heart charms in rose gold or silver for a little taste of Valentine’s Day and an evil eye connector with lots of sparkle. Our newest Czech glass seed beads create the illusion of knots as spacer beads or for a creating bead woven components. Your projects will make perfect jewelry to give or wear in February!
Here's how you can join the challenge:
1. Read about the Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your Pretty Palette beads at 30% off all January with quick and easy ordering. Click the button above to order the entire January Pretty Palette or order individual beads as you need them to the right.
3. Bead while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat!
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity!
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (January 30th this month) in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #PrettyPalettes or #halcraftprettypalettes and follow us on Instagram!
I will be posting my project here on the blog as well as in the group. Visit at the end of the month for free instructions to make what I've made!
Now's your chance to get the entire January Pretty Palette collection for 30% off! It's my treat to you to help keep your beading fun and inspiring, as well as affordable. Click the links to the right to add each bead to your cart if you want to purchase only certain beads; click the image below or the button above to purchase the entire kit.
I’ll see you back here and in our Facebook group on the last Wednesday of November for the big reveal!
In the meantime, you can keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send two or three of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!
View this post on Instagram
Sweater weather is the theme for January’s #halcraftprettypalette #designchallenge and I’ve got a #sneakpeek of this cozy set of beads! Check the @halcraftcollectionbeads blog for specifics tomorrow! #rosequartz #evileye #rhinestone #beading #beadingchallenge #colorpalette #prettypalette #abalone #blownglassbeads #labradorite #czechglassbeads #czechglass #silver #woodbeads #bohostyle #sweaterweather
Molly Schaller is a beading designer and craft industry consultant who loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!FOLLOW HALCRAFT COLLECTION ON INSTAGRAM