monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Get inspired with a Pretty Palette of Bead Gallery® beads from the Halcraft Collection
Welcome to Halcraft Collection's August Pretty Palette Challenge! This was such a fun set of beads to work with. I hope you enjoyed them, as well.
This month's Pretty Palette is inspired by an assortment of natural beads in coastal cool colors, reminiscent of Penobscot Bay in Maine.
Today's the reveal, but there's still time to participate! Feel free to post on Instagram, Pinterest, or in our Facebook group with the tag #prettypalettes whenever you finish. Read more about how to play along here:
1. Read about the Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your Pretty Palette beads at 45% off (with our big sale!) through the end of the month.
3. Bead while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat!
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity!
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (TODAY!) in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #PrettyPalettes and follow us on Instagram!
Now to get back to the Pretty Palette reveal! The Penobscot Necklace and Bracelet Stack are beachy and blue and very, very wonderful to wear. I added some of our new Indian seed bead strands to make stretch bracelets that are fun to stack and wear with the large coconut bead and sodalite stretch bracelet.
My multi strand Penobscot Necklace features an off-center Philippine shell and turtle and starfish charms. The wood and bodhi nut beads are very lightweight, making this a necklace that's easy to wear, even in the warm, sticky month of August. Click for instructions to make your own Penobscot Necklace & Penobscot Bracelet Stack.
Did you make a Pretty Palettes piece? Share it in our Facebook group so we can all enjoy it!
Molly Schaller is a beading designer and craft industry consultant who loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!