May 2021 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Mixed Metal Earrings
Designed by Molly Schaller
Featuring Bead Gallery® beads
Available exclusively at www.halcraftcollection.com
2 Silver Matte Coated Czech Glass Fire Polished Faceted Rounds 6mm
8 Gold Tone Plated 1.5x4mm Nugget Rondell Beads
4 Metal Plated Brass Multi Color Beads 3mm
8 Crystal Silver Luster Half Coat Czech Glass Dagger Top Hole 5x16mm Beads
2 Silver Plated and Antiqued Bali-Style 8x9mm Bead Caps
2 Crystal Quartz Stone Matte Crackle 10mm Round Beads
2 gold ball pins
8" 22 gauge gold German style wire
1 pair silver ear wires
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
Time to create:30 minutes
1. String 1 matte crackle quartz round and one bead cap onto a ball pin. Make a wrapped loop.
2. Cut a 4" piece of German wire. String 1 mixed metal round 1 gold rondelle, 2 crystal daggers, the drop you made in step 1, 2 crystal daggers, 1 gold rondelle, and 1 mixed metal round. Slide the beads to about 1" before the end of the wire. Bring ends of the wire together to make a teardrop shape. Wrap the shorter tail of the wire around the longer tail.
3. Slide 1 gold rondelle, one silver faceted round, and one gold rondelle onto the long tail of the wire. Make a wrapped loop.
4. Open the loop of the ear wire and slide loop of earring on.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 to make the second earring.
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram