monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
The March Machu Picchu bead kit includes 18 different components for you to play with, including gorgeous patina coated bead caps and saucers, tassels, ceramic, bone, glass, and semiprecious dolomite, hematine, lapis, and agate beads. The gorgeously striated agate half-moon pendant would be an elegant centerpiece to any necklace.
The image below was the inspiration for the March Pretty Palette bead bundle. Machu Picchu, the ancient 15th-century Incan citadel, is located in southern Peru in the Machupicchu District, above the Sacred Valley. The Incas had no known written language, so much of the ancient culture is a mystery, but radiocarbon dating tells us it was occupied from around 1420-1532.
Machu Picchu is situated between the Peruvian Andes and the Amazon Basin, and the architects, who designed it made use of the natural environment, linking irrigation canals and agricultural terraces to the approximately 200 structures in this religious, ceremonial, and agricultural center.
The beads chosen for March are feature bright and dark greens of the forest surround the ancient city, the cream and earthy tones of the stones that were hand-shaped and stacked to build walls, and the bright blue sky that surrounds the peak, which is 2,430 meters (7,970 ft) above sea level!
You can get your own Machu Picchu bead kit sent to you in the mail with FREE SHIPPING for 30% off today! Click any of the individual beads from the list on the right to get a closer look or to add them to your cart. Best of all, individual bead strands and the full kit are 30% off, so don't wait to get yours! Our Pretty Palette kits sell out fast!
*You can buy the entire collection with one click.
*You can browse the collection and choose which you'd like to add to your own collection.
If you're a newbie to my monthly challenge, read on to learn how you can play along!
1. Check out the current month's Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your March 2022 Machu Picchu Pretty Palette bead kit for 30% off now with Halcraft Collection's quick and easy ordering. One click and it's delivered to your doorstep with free shipping!
3. Bead with your current collection while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible.
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity.
5. Share an image of your creation in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #halcraftprettypalette and follow us on Instagram!
Keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send three of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!
Molly Schaller is a design thinker, transmedia storyteller, user experience designer, and craft industry consultant who loves finding connections and creating dialog through craft. Contact Molly about her Pretty Palette design challenge and more!Follow Molly as Allinknotz on Instagram