monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
What is a gradient?
According to Wikipedia, a gradient is defined as follows:
The colors produced by a gradient vary continuously with position, producing smooth color transitions. A color gradient is also known as a color ramp or a color progression. In assigning colors to a set of values, a gradient is a continuous colormap, a type of color scheme.
One of my favorite color palette websites, Coolors.co, has created a new gradient tool, and I couldn't wait to use it for the June Pretty Palette! Our gradient shifts gradually from a cool sea green to a warm light purple, as shown above. I must admit that many of these colors are strongly represented in my beading wheelhouse, though that purple is a little outside my normal color zone. Here's a shot of the gorgeous June 2020 Graceful Gradients Pretty Palette!
This month I've switched things up a bit by providing some bonus beads in the collection, which means more beads are 30% off! You now have THREE options for purchasing the June Pretty Palette beading kit and they're all 30% off:
*You can buy the entire collection with one click
*You can pick and choose your own beads from the collection
*You can buy the entire collection AND add bonus beads that coordinate
If you're a newbie to my monthly challenge, read on to learn how you can play along!
1. Check out the current month's Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your June Pretty Palette bead kit for 30% off all month with Halcraft Collection's quick and easy ordering. Click to have the entire Pretty Palette Kit delivered to your doorstep right now for just $45. 32!
3. Bead with your current collection while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat--and it's FREE to the U.S. with every order over $50, so add some beading wire or a few of the bonus beads to hit that magic $50 mark!
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity.
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (June 24th) or later--we want everyone to be able to play along--in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #halcraftprettypalette and follow us on Instagram!
Keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send three of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!Sign Me Up!
Molly Schaller is a design thinker, transmedia storyteller, and craft industry consultant who loves finding connections and creating dialog through art. Contact Molly about her Pretty Palette design challenge and more!Follow Molly as Allinknotz on Instagram