May 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
2 6mm yellow fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds
1 20mm yellow striped blown glass lentil
16-20” 11/0 yellow luster Czech seed beads
2 6mm opaque red fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds
1 19mm red, black, & white striped blown glass oval
16-20” 11/0 light red opaque Czech seed beads
2 5mm light emerald fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds
1 20mm green lined blown glass round
16-20” 11/0 light green opaque Czech seed beads
20-22” Beadalon flexible beading wire
2 #1 gold crimp beads
1 gold lobster clasp
1 6mm gold jump ring
Level of Difficulty: beginner
Time: 1 hour each
Tip: Play around with adding a patch of a contrasting color of beads here and there on the necklace for a little variety and fun!
1. Decide on the length you would like your necklace to be. The ones in the image are 18” necklaces.
2. Cut the beading wire 2” longer than the finished length of the necklace.
3. String 1 crimp bead, the jump ring, and then pass back through the crimp bead. Flatten the crimp bead with chain-nose pliers. Trim excess wire.
4. String 8” of seed beads, 1 Czech glass faceted round, 3 seed beads, 1 blown glass bead, 3 seed beads, 1 Czech glass faceted round, 8” of seed beads, and 1 crimp bead.
5. Pass wire through loop of lobster clasp and back through crimp bead. Use the pliers to flatten the crimp bead & trim excess wire.
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram