monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Pink and purple stones and glass mix with floral motif metal beads for a Heavenly Hydrangea January Pretty Palette created with Bead Gallery® beads from the Halcraft Collection.
Thank you for once again making the Pretty Palette a highlight of my month! I can't wait to show you all I've made with Heavenly Hydrangea.
Outside has been dark and grey, but my bead table has been vibrant and joyous with these amazing stone, glass, and metal beads!
Was anyone else a bit confounded for a while about what to do with all the large stone beads? I was. I tried stringing them into a collar, I tried making one into a pendant, and I tried making a chunky bracelet. None of these ideas panned out as I had hoped. That's when the multi-strand fringe statement necklace idea started to percolate away in my mind.
I knew I wanted to use the metal flower-shaped beads as multi-strand connectors. Laying out the larger agate nuggets made me realize that this was the pathway I wanted to go.
Metal spacers between the Czech glass fire-polished beads gave the necklace some texture, and the filigree flower beads with seven holes were just as useful and versatile as I'd hoped.
The Heavenly Hydrangea necklace makes quite a statement. To wear alongside it, I created a set of bracelets made of rose quartz and Czech glass beads strung onto stretch cord. The Heavenly Hydrangea bracelet stack with tiny clay flower charms has an understated cuteness factor anyone would love!
The Heavenly Hydrangea earrings are nearly as simple as the Heavenly Hydrangea bracelet stacks. All you need to know how to do is make a simple loop! I used the intricately cast metal teardrops as a focal point and added two links of sparkling dusky rose over half silver Czech glass and lavender dyed imperial jasper for color and sparkle. Understated but elegant, these are earrings featuring tendrils studded with tiny flowers are ones you'll want to wear to work as well as dinner.
If you're a newbie to my monthly challenge, read on to learn how you can play along! All you need is the beads and some creativity and another look at this bursting with blooms hydrangea!Here's how you can join the challenge:
1. Read about the current month's Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your Pretty Palette bead kit for 30% off all month with Halcraft Collection's quick and easy ordering.
3. Bead with your current collection while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat--and it's FREE to the U.S. with every order over $50.
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity.
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (January 29th) or later--we want everyone to be able to play along--in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #halcraftprettypalettes and follow us on Instagram!
In the meantime, you can keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send three of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!Sign Me Up!
Molly Schaller is a beaded jewelry designer and craft industry consultant who loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram