monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Pink and purple stones and glass mix with floral motif metal beads for a Heavenly Hydrangea January Pretty Palette created with Bead Gallery® beads from the Halcraft Collection.
As is often the case, this month's Pretty Palette is inspired by nature!
The amazing hydrangea bush below stopped me in my tracks this past summer. I was traveling with an old college friend revisiting our study abroad days 25 years later in Ireland. Many things had changed, but not the beauty of the Emerald Isle or the kindness of the beautiful people who live there. In contrast to the greens the island is known for, this glorious hydrangea gave me quite a few fuchsia and amethyst "gems." The bush was taller than I am, and each cluster of flowers was as big as my head! If it wasn't in a fenced yard I would have stood next to it for a photo so you could see how robust and huge this stunner was.
Here in Indiana, we're in the grey days of January, and my eyes are just dying for some scrumptious colors. What better month to use the Heavenly Hydrangea Pretty Palette! The beads I've chosen for this month are a mix of stone, glass, and some beautifully cast metal beads that echo the hues and forms of the bunches of hydrangea flowers.
The larger stone and metal beads are brand-spanking new to the website, and I'm so excited to share them with you! The pink "pumpkin-esque" beads are perfect for using to string multiple strands of beads through, and the bold pink and purple agate nuggets are each individual with variations of color, just like our hydrangea. One of my favorite beads in this collection is the metal flower beads which have not just two but seven holes each, making them perfect for creative connectors!
Today through January 31st, you can get the entire Heavenly Hydrangea Pretty Palette kit for 30% off. I love knowing that there's a beady package waiting on my doorstep, and I bet you do, too! You may buy the entire collection in one click or pick and choose what you'd like to add to your bead stash to play along.
If you're a newbie to my monthly challenge, read on to learn how you can play along! All you need is the beads and some creativity and another look at this bursting with blooms hydrangea!
Here's how you can join the challenge:
1. Read about the current month's Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your Pretty Palette bead kit for 30% off all month with Halcraft Collection's quick and easy ordering. Click to have the entire Pretty Palette Kit delivered to your doorstep right now!
3. Bead with your current collection while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat--and it's FREE to the U.S. with every order over $50.
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity.
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (January 29th) or later--we want everyone to be able to play along--in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #halcraftprettypalettes and follow us on Instagram!
In the meantime, you can keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send three of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!Sign Me Up!
Molly Schaller is a beaded jewelry designer and craft industry consultant who loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram