Novemer 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
The Harvest Necklace is part of Molly's monthly color palette challenge! If you like these you might also like the Dipa Earrings and the Luxe Bracelet. Click here for more information about how you can play along with a color inspired bead kit from the Halcraft Collection!
Designed by Molly Schaller featuring Bead Gallery® beads available exclusively at www.halcraftcollection.com
100 Czech dark red silver-lined 11/0 seed beads (+/-)
8 8mm olivine Czech fire-polished glass faceted rounds
8 8mm red tiger eye stone rounds
5 green dyed freshwater pearls
12 6mm travertine light green Czech glass fire-polished faceted rounds
7 8mm crystal dual coat with dark orange over half silver Czech fire-polished glass faceted rounds
10 8mm white chalk with travertine coating Czech glass fire-polished rounds
7 4mm peach metallic coated Czech fire-polished glass faceted rounds
8 peach dyed freshwater rice pearls
12 8mm translucent and amber polished natural agate rounds
1 10mm B grade golden tiger eye round
1 20mm amber dyed crazy agate faceted round
2 6mm gold-tone plated and antiqued Bali-style rondelle spacers
2 3mm gold-tone plate brass rounds
1 28mm wide link of green acrylic chain
8” 24-gauge German-style round gold wire
1 silk thread size 06 white with needle
1 gold-tone lobster clasp
Super glue gel
Level of Difficulty:
Time: 1 hour
1. Cut a 5” piece of German wire. Wrap it around the large link and make a wrapped loop.
2. Onto the wire string 1 3mm gold round, 1 olivine faceted glass round, 1 gold Bali spacer, 1 red tiger eye round, 1 golden tiger eye round, 1 red tiger eye round, 1 gold Bali spacer, 1 olivine faceted glass round, and 1 3mm gold round.
3. Wrap the wire around the other side of the link and make a wrapped loop, leaving enough space to connect a link to the wire.
4. Cut a 3” piece of German wire. Make a wrapped loop, attaching it to the wire you wrapped around the acrylic link.
5. String 1 red seed bead, 1 green pearl, 1 20mm amber dyed crazy agate faceted round, 1 green pearl, and 1 red seed bead.
6. Make a wrapped loop.
7. Remove the silk from the card.
8. Tie the tail end of the cord to a jump ring and use super glue gel to secure the knot.
9. Make a mix of the remaining beads. String 13” (or your preferred length) of beads, stringing a red seed bead between each one. String 3 seed beads and create a larks head knot through the top loop of the pendant. String 3 more seed beads and string the remaining 13” of beads with seed beads between each one.
10. Pass the cord through the lobster clasp and make a knot. Secure the knot with super glue gel.
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram