October 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
2 8mm opaque pink Czech glass fire-polished faceted rounds
4 7x50mm Indian horn tubes
2 metal bumpy Bali rounds
30 1x10mm Philippine natural pectin shell heishi beads
6 4x8mm antique silver-plated Bali-style cylinder floral beads
3 rhodnite lentils
26 4x10mm Philippine polished grey wood rondelles
13 9-10mm white Philippine wood rounds
12 9-10mm pink Philippine wood rounds
1 lobster clasp
2 8mm jump ring
2 crimp tubes
68” flexible beading wire
Level of Difficulty:
Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
1. Cut a 32” and a 36” piece of beading wire. String 1 crimp tube onto the beading wire and holding the two as one, pass the wires through the loop of the clasp. Pass the wires back through the crimp tube and flatten the tube. Trim excess wire.
2. String 1 Bali cylinder, 1 pink opaque Czech glass faceted round, 1 grey wood rondelle, 3 pink wood rounds, 3 shell heishis, 3 grey wood rondelles, 3 white wood rounds, 3 shell heishis, 3 grey wood rondelles, 3 pink wood rounds, 3 shell heishis, 3 grey wood rondelles, 3 white wood rounds, 6 shell heishis, 3 grey wood rodelles, and 1 rhodonite lentil.
3. Split the two wires. Onto the longer wire string 1 Bali cylinder, 1 horn tube, 1 Bali round, 1 rhodonite lentil, 1 Bali round, 1 horn tube, and 1 Bali cylinder. Place a Bead bug on the end of the wire.
4. On the shorter wire string 1 Bali tube, 1 horn tube, 1 white wood round, 1 horn tube, and 1 Bali tube.
5. Holding both wires together, string the same beads in the opposite order from step
6. String 1 crimp tube. Pass the wires through a jump ring and back through the crimp tube. Flatten the tube and trim excess wire.
View this post on Instagram
The tiny faceted beads are one of my favorite parts of this month’s Pretty Palette Collection. You can get one of the last of these curated limited edition beading kits from @halcraftcollectionbeads before tomorrow’s big reveal! #hematine #facetedglass #memorywire #daintyjewelry #daintybracelets #mossagate #beadgallerybeads #curatedbeads #beadkit #beadingchallenge #howlite #prettypalette
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram