April 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
2 #2 silver plated crimp tubes (305B-121)
2 3mm silver plated rounds (92993)
4 4mm silver plated dot rondelles (82619)
2 5mm silver plated metal beads (97032)
6 6mm silver plated dot rondelles (91306)
14 6mm silver plated saucer (92279)
14 6mm opaque red glass rounds (12681)
14 6x12mm carved bone tubes (17782)
2 8mm red dyed bamboo rounds (10732)
2 9-10mm bodhi nut rounds (18909)
8 12x14mm black matte edge glass rectangles (10242)
4 6mm opaque grey Czech fire-polished glass faceted rounds (13447)
4 20x25mm Philippine natural shell mosaic beads (18964)
3 19x30mm Philippine natural shell mosaic beads (18965)
3 10mm red aventurine rounds (10724)
7 2” ball pins (17043)
24” Beadalon 49-strand bead stringing wire (JW11T-0)
1 10mm silver tone lobster clasp (14650)
1 6mm silver tone jump ring (12961)
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Time: 1-2 hours
1. Slide 1 striped shell and 1 grey faceted glass round onto an eye pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 striped shell drops.
2. Slide 1 black and white shell and 1 aventurine round onto an eye pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 black and white shell drops.
3. Onto the piece of beading wire, string 1 crimp tube. Pass the wire through the loop of the lobster clasp and back through the crimp tube. Crimp the tube.
4. String 1 3mm silver round, 1 4mm dot rondelle, 1 5mm metal bead, and 1 4mm dot rondelle.
5. String 1 6mm opaque red glass round and 1 carved tube. Repeat 6 more times.
6. String 1 6mm dot rondelle, 1 8mm red coral round, 1 6mm dot rondelle, 1 10mm bodhi nut round, and 1 6mm dot rondelle.
7. String 1 black rectangle, 1 saucer, 1 striped shell drop, 1 silver saucer, 1 black rectangle, 1 silver saucer, 1 black and white shell drop, and 1 silver saucer. Repeat 2 more times.
8. String 1 black rectangle, 1 saucer, 1 striped shell drop, 1 silver saucer, and 1 black rectangle.
9. String the rest of the necklace to match the other side of the necklace, finishing the necklace with a crimp tube and a jump ring.
10. Crimp the tube and trim excess wire.
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram