monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
1 11x16mm white freshwater pearl teardrop (17592)
1 4mm blush freshwater pearl (17588)
5 8-9mm blush freshwater pearls (17588)
2 8mm crystal dual coat with full hyacinth over half silver fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds (15996)
2 8mm crystal dual coat full light sapphire over half silver fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds (15990)
9 6mm crystal with light topaz luster fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds (13450)
4 6mm crystal with light gold iris half coat fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds (13445)
7 6mm crystal with London blue topaz fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds (15533)
2 3mm peach iris on crystal Czech glass fire-polished round (15465)
1 1.6x2.5mm topaz opaque faceted glass rondelles (13671)
4 3x4mm light amber with luster faceted glass rondelles (13647)
1 21mm 14K gold plated CZ crystal and blue topaz shield connector (13404)
6" 22-gauge brass German style wire (180R-022)
3 2" brass ball pins
34 1" brass eye pins
3 6mm metal jump rings
1 metal lobster clasp
Level of difficulty: intermediate
Time: 1-2 hours
1. Slide 1 teardrop pearl and 1 1.6x2.5mm topaz opaque faceted glass rondelle onto a ball pin. Make a wrapped loop.
2. Slide 1 8x9mm pearl onto a ball pin. Make a wrapped loop.
3. Slide 1 8x9mm pearl and 1 4mm pearl onto a ball pin. Make a wrapped loop. You have 3 pearl drops.
4. Cut a 2" piece of wire. Make a wrapped loop. Slide 1 8x9mm pearl onto the wire. Make a wrapped loop. Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 pearl links.
5. With the remaining beads use the eye pins to make simple loop links.
6. Connect glass bead links and pearl links in a random order to make two 9" strands of beads with the smallest beads toward one end and the largest beads toward the other.
7. Use a 6mm jump ring to connect the two strands of beads and the CZ shield connector at the center of the necklace.
8. Use a 6mm jump ring to connect the three pearl drops to the other loop of the CZ shield connector.
13. Open a mm jump ring. Attach it to the link on one end of the necklace. Open the final link on the other end of the necklace and attach the lobster clasp.
Click below to jump to the coordinating Glisten & Glow Earrings design!
Molly Schaller is a beaded jewelry designer and craft industry consultant who loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram