June 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
6 4mm amethyst rounds
5 5mm light amethyst transparent AB Czech fire-polished rounds
3 32x23mm turquoise dyed howlite teardrops
5 12mm dyed reconstituted turquoise disks
5 8mm aqua AB Czech fire-polished rounds
6 6mm light sea aqua Czech fire-polished rounds
2 8mm opaque light turquoise Czech fire-polished rounds
4 8mm cloudy light green Czech fire-polished rounds
7 4mm dyed howlite turquoise stone rounds
9 6mm green mix dyed jasper rounds
70” 20-gauge antique brass German style wire
3 6mm antique brass jump rings
1 8mm antique brass jump ring
1 antique brass lobster clasp
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Time: 2+ hours
1. Cut 44 1.5” pieces of wire and 1 4” piece of wire.
2. Make a wrapped loop at the end of the 4” piece of wire and string 1 6mm jasper round, 1 large turquoise dyed howlite teardrop, 2 jasper rounds, 1 teardrop, 2 jasper rounds, 1 teardrop, and 1 jasper round. Make a wrapped loop, trim excess wire, and bend the wire into a gentle arc.
3. Make a simple loop at the end of each of the 44 pieces of wire.
4. Slide one of the remaining beads onto the eye pin you created and make a simple loop. Repeat for the remaining 43 beads to create 44 links.
5. Connect the links in the following order: 2 4mm amethyst, 3 5mm light amethyst transparent AB, 1 amethyst, 1 4mm turquoise, 2 amethyst, 4 turquoise rounds, 1 jasper, 1 6mm light sea aqua, 1 8mm aqua AB, 2 cloudy light green, 1 aqua AB, 1 jasper round, 1 opaque light turquoise, 2 12mm turquoise disks, the large link made in step 2, 3 12mm turquoise disks, 1 cloudy light green, 2 aqua AB, 1 opaque light turquoise, 1 cloudy light green, 1 aqua AB, 2 light sea aqua, 2 japsper, 3 light sea aqua, 2 light amethyst transparent AB, 2 turquoise, 1 amethyst.
6. At the end of the chain, attach a clasp with a 6mm jump ring. At the other end, attach an 8mm jump ring.
View this post on Instagram
As always with beading, there’s so much beauty in the details. Here’s a sneak peek at one of my June Pretty Palette pieces. I’m just loving this kit! You can get your own June #prettypalette bead kit for 30% off! Just click the link in my profile to learn more! #handbeadedjewelry #handmadejewelry #beadkit #covidcrafts #covidcraft #wirewrappedjewelry #wirejewelry #colorpalette #colorlover #bracelet #endlesssummer #germanwire #details #magicinthedetails #jasper #amethyst #czechbeads #turquoise #howlite
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family and pets. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Halcraft Collection on Instagram