October 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
16 4mm pyrite rounds
4 6mm pyrite rounds
6 8mm pyrite rounds
64 6mm sandalwood rounds
68 Czech black opaque 11/0 seed beads
3 7x50mm Indian horn tubes
1 23mm copper hammered loop
1 50mm copper hammered loop
12” 20-gauge German style wire antique brass color
1 lobster clasp
2 8mm jump rings
2 crimp tubes
30” flexible beading wire
Level of Difficulty:
Time: 30 minutes
1. Cut a 4” piece of German-style wire. Make a simple loop. String one Indian horn tube. Make a simple loop. Repeat two more times to create three horn links.
2. Connect both copper hammered loops with a jump ring. Set aside to use as the pendant.
3. String 1 crimp tube and the loop of the lobster clasp. Pass the wire back through the crimp tube and flatten it.
4. String 1black seed bead and 1 sandalwood round. Repeat 31 more times.
5. String 1 black seed bead and 1 6mm pyrite round, 1 black seed bead, and 1 8mm pyrite round. String a loop of one of the tube links, 1 8mm pyrite round, 1 tube link, 1 8mm pyrite, 1 tube link, 8 4mm pyrite rounds, and 1 6mm pyrite round.
6. String the jump ring holding the pendant together and the beads from steps 4 and 5 in reverse, stringing the opposite loops of the horn links.
7. String 1 crimp tub and the final jump ring. Pass the wire back through the tube, crimp the tube, and trim excess wire.
View this post on Instagram
The tiny faceted beads are one of my favorite parts of this month’s Pretty Palette Collection. You can get one of the last of these curated limited edition beading kits from @halcraftcollectionbeads before tomorrow’s big reveal! #hematine #facetedglass #memorywire #daintyjewelry #daintybracelets #mossagate #beadgallerybeads #curatedbeads #beadkit #beadingchallenge #howlite #prettypalette
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram