Novemer 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
The Dipa Earrings are part of Molly's monthly color palette challenge! If you like these you might also like the Harvest Necklace and the Luxe Bracelet. Click here for more information about how you can play along with a color inspired bead kit from the Halcraft Collection!
2 15mm amber swirl Indian glass lentils
28 5x16mm Czech glass green daggers
4 4mm honey amber opal translucent fire-polished Czech glass faceted rounds
4 3mm siam Czech glass fire-polished faceted rounds
40 Czech dark red silver-lined 11/0 seed beads
2 .5 rounds gold memory wire
2 2” gold ball headpins
2 ear wires
Memory wire cutters
Level of Difficulty:
Time: 30 minutes
1. Onto the head pin, slide an amber swirl Indian glass lentil. Make a wrapped loop and trim.
2. Cut a 2 ¼ loop piece of memory wire. Make a simple loop at one end.
3. String 1 siam Czech faceted round and 1 honey amber Czech faceted round.
4. String 1 dagger and 1 seed bead. Repeat 6 more times. String 4 seed beads, and the amber swirl lentil.
5. String the same beads in reverse order to make a symmetrical earring.
6. Make a 90-degree bend in the memory wire at the point where it would make a complete circle. Pass the end of the wire through the loop you made in step 2.
7. Make a simple loop to hold the circle in place and trim excess memory wire.
8. Attach ear wire.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 to create the second earring and enjoy!
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram