Decemer 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
9 10mm burgundy glass pearls
19 6mm burgundy glass pearls
2 4mm light red AB Czech glass fire-polished rounds
2 gold tone crimp beads
9 gold-tone ball pins
1 gold-tone lobster clasp
1 8mm gold jump ring
20” gold chain
6” 7-Strand Bead Stringing Wire, .015 in (0.38 mm), Gold Color
Level of Difficulty: Beginner
Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour
1. Slide a 10mm pearl and a 6mm pearl onto a ball pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 4 more times for a total of 5 snowman drops.
2. Slide a 6mm pearl and a 10mm pearl onto a ball pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 dagger drops.
3. Cut a 6” piece of bead stringing wire. Onto one end of the wire, string a crimp tube and the loop of a 10” piece of chain. Pass the wire back through the crimp and flatten the crimp with chain-nose pliers.
4. String 1 Czech glass faceted round and 1 6mm glass pearl. String a snowman drop. Then continue stringing a 6mm glass pearl between the snowman and dagger drops, alternating drops as you go.
5. After you’ve strung all the drops, string 1 6mm glass pearl, 1 Czech faceted round, and a crimp tube.
6. Pass the beading wire through the other 10” piece of gold chain and back through the crimp tube. Make sure to leave enough slack in the bracelet so that the drops lie flat, then flatten the crimp tube and trim excess beading wire.
7. Attach a lobster clasp to one length of chain and a jump ring to the other length of chain.
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram