Decemer 2020 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
27 10mm burgundy glass pearls
55 6mm burgundy glass pearls
2 4mm light red AB Czech glass fire-polished rounds
2 gold-tone crimp beads
27 gold-tone ball pins
1 gold-tone lobster clasp
1 8mm gold jump ring
10” 7-Strand Bead Stringing Wire, .015 in (0.38 mm), Gold Color
Level of Difficulty:
Time: 1 hour
1. Slide a 10mm pearl and a 6mm pearl onto a ball pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 13 more times for a total of 14 snowman drops.
2. Slide a 6mm pearl and a 10mm pearl onto a ball pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 12 more times for a total of 13 dagger drops.
3. Cut a 10” piece of bead stringing wire. Onto one end of the wire, string a crimp tube and a lobster clasp. Pass the wire back through the crimp and flatten the crimp with chain-nose pliers.
4. String 1 Czech glass faceted round and 1 6mm glass pearl. String a snowman drop. String a 6mm glass pearl between the snowman and dagger drops, alternating them as you go until all the drops are used up.
5. When you’ve strung all the drops (this makes a 7.5” bracelet; add more or remove drops to adjust for length), string 1 6mm glass pearl, 1 Czech faceted round, and a crimp tube.
6. Pass the beading wire through the jump ring and back through the crimp tube. Make sure to leave enough slack in the bracelet so that the drops lie flat, then flatten the crimp tube and trim excess beading wire.
Molly Schaller is a craft industry consultant with a focus on design thinking, transmedia storytelling, and user experience design. She loves a variety of crafts; beading, knitting, and bookbinding are some of her favorites. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!Follow Molly on Instagram