DIY JEWELRY making
Designed by Molly Schaller
featuring Bead Gallery® beads
available exclusively at HalcraftCollection.com
37 Bead Gallery® 6mm black glass faceted rounds
1 Bead Gallery® 8x12mm hematite teardrops
4 Bead Gallery® 8mm gunmetal glass faceted rounds
33 Bead Gallery® 3x4mm faceted gold glass iris rondells
1 Wander Links® CZ rhodium plated crystal and olivine loop
1 Bead Gallery® mabe freshwater pearl with rhinestones
1 Bead Gallery® quartz crystal points with gold tone top
40 ½" gold eye pins
1 2" gold eye pin
1 2" silver ball pin
4 6mm gold jump rings
20" gold finish 24-gauge brass wire
1 gold finish lobster clasp
Level of difficulty: intermediate
Time – 4 hours
Tips: Play around with the placement of elements in this "collection necklace" before you attach the loops. Your necklace might look a little different from mine!
1. Cut the 24-gauge wire into four 5" pieces.
2. Make a wrapped loop at the end of one of the wires. String 5 gold rondells. Make a wrapped loop, leaving some space on the wire so that the beads can slide just a bit, about 1/8".
3. String 5 gold rondells. Bring the tail of the wire up toward your first wrapped loop and wrap again. Pull apart the two lengths of beads to create a marquis shape.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 two more times to create 3 gold marquis links.
5. Using the last 5" piece of wire, make a wrapped loop. Slide the mabe pearl onto wire and make a second wrapped loop to create a mabe pearl link.
6. Slide a hematite teardrop and 1 gold rondell onto the ball pin. Make a wrapped loop.
7. Slide a 6mm black faceted round onto a ½" eye pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 36 more times for a total of 37 black links.
8. Slide an 8mm gunmetal faceted round onto a ½" eye pin. Make a simple loop. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 gunmetal links.
9. Slide 1 gold rondell, 1 hematite teardrop (narrow end first), 1 hematite teardrop (wide end first), and 1 gold rondell onto the 2" eye pin. Bend the wire between the two hematite beads so that the eye pin is in a V shape. Make a simple loop.
10. Connect the links in the following order:18 black links, 1 mabe pearl link, 1 black link, 1 gold marquis link, 1 black link, 1 gunmetal link, 1 hematite V link, 1 gold marquis link, 1 gunmetal link, 1 olivine loop link, 1 gunmetal link, 1 gold marquis link, 17 black links.
11. Use a jump ring to attach the clasp to one end of the necklace.
12. Create a hematite dangle by connecting a gunmetal link to the hematite drop. Use a second jump ring to attach the gunmetal link to the other end of the necklace.
13. Use two jump rings to attach the crystal and gold pendant to the V link.