october 2021 Pretty Palette Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
Autumn Leaves Earrings
Designed by Molly Schaller
Featuring Bead Gallery® beads
Available exclusively at www.halcraftcollection.com
2 4mm light amber transparent Czech glass fire-polished faceted rounds
2 8mm yellow dyed crackle agate rounds
16 11/0 purple luster Czech glass seed beads
12 6mm crystal/rose gold coated Czech glass fire-polished faceted rounds
24 5x16mm green Czech glass daggers
20" 22 gauge antique brass German-style wire
1 pair of ear wires
Time to create: 1 hour or less
1. Cut a 10" piece of German-style wire and wrap the wire around something round, such as a chapstick container, to make a drop shape with one longer tail and one shorter tail where they cross.
2. String 1 seed bead and 1 crystal/rose gold Czech glass faceted round. Repeat two more times. String 1 seed bead, and 12 green daggers.
3. String 1 seed bead and one crystal/rose gold Czech glass faceted round. Repeat two more times.
4. Arrange the beads on the wire so that the daggers form a half "flower" at the bottom of the teardrop. Holding both the long and there is one long and short tails as one, string 1 8mm yellow agate crackle round and 1 light amber transparent Czech glass faceted round.
5. Trim the shorter tail where it emerges from the beads.
6. Use the longer tail to make a wrapped loop that travels around the two top beads in a swirl and then wraps around below the yellow agate round to secure the beads. Trim excess wire.
7. Attach an ear wire to the wrapped loop.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 to create the second earring.
Molly Schaller is a design thinker, transmedia storyteller, user experience designer, and craft industry consultant who loves finding connections and creating dialog through craft. She’s always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well! Contact Molly about her Pretty Palette design challenge and more!Follow Molly on Instagram