monthly Design Challenge with Molly Schaller
August is scorching us with her high temperatures and bright sunshine, making me thankful for lemonade and shade. As I sit on my back porch, I can still hear the cicadas' trill echoing through the trees.
This month's beautiful Pretty Palette inspired four designs, one of which makes me smile every time I see it: the Up Up & Away earrings!
These cuties were inspired by the shape of the teardrop beads, which I usually use in the opposite orientation. They're fun and lightweight and are sure to make people who see them smile, too!
The Symphony Earrings were inspired by the marquis-shaped beads. By adding a little orange sparkle and the organic earthy shape of malachite chips, they are sophisticated and interesting.
The Symphony Necklace is as easy to make as it is to wear. Simple stringing is fun and stress-free. Make a piece you'll love to mix and match with your late-summer wardrobe.
The Symphony Bracelet is one-size-fits-all because its memory wire base keeps it shape while allowing the wearer to wrap it around her wrist for a comfortable bangle-style bracelet. The glass simulated amazonite beads are gorgeous mixed with the agate, howlite, and malachite beads. Either make your own tiny handmade dragonfly bead or use one of the premade beaded dragonflies in the kit!
Individual bead strands and the full kit are 30% off during the month of August, but don't wait to get yours! Our Pretty Palette kits sell out fast!
*You can buy the entire collection with one click.
*You can browse the collection and choose which you'd like to add to your own collection.
If you're a newbie to my monthly challenge, read on to learn how you can play along!
1. Check out the current month's Pretty Palette challenge right here.
2. Get your August 2021 Pretty Palette bead kit for 30% off all month with Halcraft Collection's quick and easy ordering. Click to have the Cicada Symphony Pretty Palette Kit delivered to your doorstep right now!
3. Bead with your current collection while your Pretty Palette beads make their way to you as quickly as possible. Halcraft Collection's shipping can't be beat--and it's FREE to the U.S. with every order over $50!
4. Once you have the beads in hand, create something that is YOU! Feel free to add beads from your stash that flow with the provided palette or use only a portion of the beads chosen here. The key is to have fun and use your creativity.
5. Share an image of your creation on the last Wednesday of the month (August 25th) or later--we want everyone to be able to play along--in our Beaded Jewelry Facebook group or tag Halcraft Collection with #halcraftprettypalette and follow us on Instagram!
Keep up to date with all the sales, new additions to the Halcraft Collection, and the latest DIY projects by subscribing to receive our email. We typically send three of these information-packed notes to your inbox per week, so you'll always be sure to catch our amazing sales and get the best tutorials first!Sign Me Up!
Molly Schaller is a design thinker, transmedia storyteller, user experience designer, and craft industry consultant who loves finding connections and creating dialog through craft. Contact Molly about her Pretty Palette design challenge and more!Follow Molly as Allinknotz on Instagram