For lovers of all holidays and fun, seasonal jewelry, busting out the crafting supplies and starting a DIY project is a great way to celebrate a new season. And, whether you're a fan of cozy winter nights or warm summer days on the beach, there are plenty of stylish DIY jewelry projects you can try.
If you're looking for some seasonal jewelry that you can wear during different times of the year, you're in the right place. We've put together a guide on season-themed jewelry projects that you can try at home.
Check out these stylish jewelry projects and get into the spirit of the season!
Winter: Snowman Earrings
Building snowmen is a fun wintertime activity that many people enjoy when there's snow on the ground. With this cute DIY snowman earring guide, however, you can build snowmen from the comfort of your couch!
To get started making these snowmen, you'll need to gather a few simple pieces of equipment. You'll need:
- Two earring hooks (2 ear wires)
- Two 3" bead stems (2 x 3” head pins)
- Two 4mm round white beads
- Two 6mm round white beads
- Two 8mm round white beads
- Two snowflake bead caps
- One pair of needle nose pliers
You can find most of these supplies at your local or online jewelry store. Once you've gathered all the materials, you're ready to get started!
- First, you'll string the largest bead onto a round bead. From there, you'll add the middle-sized bead, then the smallest bead, and finish off with a bead cap.
- Once the earring cap is on you'll bend the bead stem to form an "L" shape over the cap. Thread the "L" through the earring hook and pinch it closed so that it doesn't fall off.
You're all done! Pop these sweet snowmen on and get ready to celebrate the season.
Spring: Dried Hydrangea Resin Pendant
We all know that spring is the season of flowers. After all, April showers bring May flowers!
One great way to celebrate spring is with this cute, DIY dried flower pendant. While you'll need a few crafting materials that are a little less common, it's still fairly easy to make once you've gathered what you need!
To get started, you'll need:
- Jewelry resin
- A set of measuring cups
- Resin jewelry molds
- Dried and pressed hydrangea flowers
- Wooden craft sticks
- A small paintbrush
- A straw
- Paper towels
- Pendant bails
- The first step is to gather your dried hydrangeas. You'll want to check them against your jewelry molds to make sure they'll fit inside the mold.
- Next, it's time to make your resin. You'll start by mixing equal parts hardener and resin into a measuring cup and stirring the mixture for two consecutive minutes. You can use a wooden stick to continuously stir the mixture. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the measuring cup to get all the resin.
- From there, carefully pour a small amount of the resin into the resin mold. Arrange the hydrangea flowers inside the resin in the way that you'd like. You can use a toothpick to pop any bubbles that appear in the resin.
- Place a paper towel over the jewelry mold to stop dust from getting into the resin. Then, let the resin sit for 25 minutes before using a straw to blow any bubbles off the surface of the resin.
- After you've removed any bubbles you can let the resin sit and harden overnight. In the morning, remove the jewelry from the mold and attach a jewelry bail to the pendant.
Summer: Metallic Dipped Seashell Necklace
There's nothing that screams summer like a day at the beach. And, one favorite beach activity is hunting for seashells along the oceanfront!
If you've spent a day at the beach and are left with a pile of shells, you're ready to get started creating some stunning jewelry. This DIY seashell necklace screams summer and gives you a gorgeous piece of seasons jewelry to show off.
To make this necklace, you'll need:
- A small drill
- Metallic paint
- Bendable wire or a thin chain
After you've gathered your materials, you're ready to get started.
- Select your favorite shell and drill a small hole near the top of the shell where you would like the necklace to hang from.
- Next, open the metallic paint. Carefully dip the bottom of the shell into the paint about halfway down. Let the paint dry completely.
- Once the paint has dried, string the chain or wire through the hole. Either close the wire by twisting the ends together or close the chain using its clasp.
Voila! You're all set with a gorgeous gold-dipped seashell necklace!
Fall: Acorn Bracelet
Autumn is acorn season. It's when you'll find pinecones, leaves, and acorns falling from the trees in the crisp Fall air.
However, this season let's not leave all the acorns to the squirrels! Grab a few acorns and get ready to make a sweet acorn bracelet. This bracelet is a great option for parents wanting to keep little kids occupied, too!
To make this bracelet, all you'll need is:
- A sturdy needle
- 7-10 acorns
- Thread or ribbon
- You'll start by threading your needle with the string, ribbon, or thread you're choosing to use. Then, thread your needle through the first acorn.
- The acorns will be softest near the flat white cap at the top of the acorn, making it easier to get the needle through. Once the acorn is on the string, tie a small knot to keep it in place and repeat with the next bead.
- Keep repeating this process until the bracelet is the size you want. Then, thread the needle back through the first acorn to loop the bracelet together.
- Slip on your new acorn bracelet yourself or send it to a friend to spread some stylish cheer!
Celebrate the Weather with Stylish Seasons Jewelry
Seasonal jewelry is a fun way to celebrate your favorite time of year. Whether you love winter, spring, summer, or fall you can wear pieces that get you in the spirit of the season.
However, if you're wanting to make beautiful seasonal jewelry you'll need to make sure you've got all the right equipment! And, at Halcraft Collection, we've got everything you need.
Browse through our beads and jewelry-making supplies and get started doing some DIY jewelry. Or, buy some of our beautiful pre-made pieces!